July 25, 2011

6 Things on My Radar

Evening kiddies,

I have seen other bloggers do these kinds of lists and I have myself done top ten lists, so I decided to try it out and write about six things that are on my radar at the moment - and really six things I most recently purchased... haha I did a lot of shopping this weekend... A LOT! So I thought since my purchases, among other things, are on my radar, I would share them with you!

1. Light blue nail polish: this trend is popping up all over the place and I am loving it! When I went to buy the nail polish, I was hoping to find a more minty looking colour but I am really pleased with what I found. I feel like it brings a splash of colour to everything I wear! It reminds me of the bluest part of the ocean where the sun hits it and it makes me think of tans, the beach, sand and sun. I just love it!

This is a Nicole by OPI colour called My Lifesaver (9$ from the drugstore)

2. Gold bracelet / necklace: I picked up this little versatile jem for 7$ at Smart Set. It was in fact my good friend TheJMay who said it could be worn as a bracelet as well as a necklace and she was so right! I love the gold, I love all the colour. It's just gorge and I will wear it a ton!!!



See both pics for the versatile way this piece can be worn.

3. Wing Earrings: Now these babies are my fav! I would and most likely will wear these so much!! I think they are a little rock and roll, a little badass and a whole lot of sass with a little Mayan or Greek flavor thrown in. I think they are just rockin. I love how gold they are, I love how big and showy they are. I just adore them. I got them at the Bay (Expressions Line). They also come in silver.


Expressions Line from the Bay (9$)

4. Gold / Metallic Sandals: I have been looking and looking for the perfect pair of metallic glad sandals all summer. My mum wanted to celebrate (she had a skin graft tested and everything turned out ok and she is fine!!!) so we went to go shopping: first to Globo and then to our next fav store: the bookstore (see next fav thing for that). 


The minute I saw these beauties, I knew they were the right ones I have been looking for. I think they are the perfect ambiguous metallic that will go with everything. I can wear them with silver, gold and bronze and I can wear them with any kind of pant or skirt or dress. I am totally looking forward to matching them up with some super outfits.



5. Books, Books, Books: The next stop on my mum's celebration train was our fav, fav, fav store: the bookstore!! I picked up a few books to add to my collection for summer reading! (Look for a future post about my summer reading list so far!) On this trip, I got two more in the Anita Blake series of Vampire books, the second book in the Del Toro virus series (so good and scary!!) and what I am most excited about the newest Game of Thrones book: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin.

I have already started it and I am soooo excited!!! It is sooo good! I highly recommend this series. If you like books about the middle ages and fantasy books, this is the two combined. Lots of graphic battles, violence, sex and intrigue. What I like best about the books is the way the author has a point of view of a character in each chapter. You understand their mind, thoughts and motives and then you move on to another point of view and get a completely different look at the same event. Its a great and exciting way to create rich characters and complicated, interweaving narrative.



6. True Blood: This just needs to be mentioned because this season has been amazing and I just needed to say that. Watch it, you won't regret it. It is pure sex and hilarity and violence.


So one of my co-workers from my old group at work gave me this bottle of Tru Blood because she was leaving the agency and had no use for this any longer. I am torn about whether I should drink it or not... hhhmmm...

Anyways, thoughts? What do you think of my new purchases? Do those wing earrings also remind you of a badass 70s rocker? What do you think of blue nail polish?

xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love all the things on your list! Especially that nail colour...adorbs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete