May 16, 2011

Easy Peasy Salad

Good evening lovelies,

I love to cook... and eat.... but I don't always have enough time to cook as much as I would like to. My fav go-to meal is a salad - and it is so quick, yummy and nutritious. I usually grill a chicken breast on  my trusty foreman grill - using some spices like garlic and oregano or some southwestern spice mix. I then put together some lettuce and veggies and add dressing. Its quick and easy and great.

Now the dressing is very easy to make. I cannot take the credit for it however, my bff L taught me this recipe.


You just mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. Just add to taste. I like to add a bit more balsamic then mustard and oil but it can all depend on your own preferences.


L likes to use Balderson cheese to the salad - and I also choose to do so. It is a wonderful addition to this salad. The cheese has a strong tart taste but it goes very nicely with the balsamic.


As for the veggies, I add whatever I have in the fridge. In tonight's salad, I added mushrooms, cucumbers, carrots and some strawberries along with the lettuce. The I cut up the hot chicken and toss it in!



Yum yum! Enjoy!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment