May 05, 2011

Met Gala 2011 - Year of the Macs

Good Evening lovelies,

This year's Costume Institute Gala celebrated fashion. They also celebrated the life of Alexander McQueen - a fashion powerhouse who left us too early. I really do love McQueen. I think the new head designer for the label Sarah Burton is also doing a wonderful job (see both Kate Middleton's wedding dresses and Pippa Middleton's bridesmaid dress AND the entire spring runway of McQueen Fabush!). Many celebs chose to wear his styles tonight. Stella McCartney was also a celeb favourite. I love her! It has been quite the year for the Brits! (Royal Wedding... wearing McQueen and McCartney... errr... yeah! haha)

Many celebs rolled out rockin the latest trends this season from colour to neutrals to 70s inspired looks. Check out some of the fashions celebs worked some real lovelies. These are the ones that I, in particular, found gorge:

Karl Laggerfeld and Blake Lively wearing Chanel. (Photo Source: Highheel Confidential.com)

Since Blake is the new face of Chanel, it is only fitting that she be Karl's date! I am a huge fan of Chanel and I love this dress. It is very riske and can only be worn by a few perfect peeps - aka Blake and she works it! Her new strawberry blonde hair colour rocks! I like the neutral shoe and the sparkly shoulder. It definitely has a 70s influence to it as is so popular this season. I really really like the swoopy, drappyness. It has a distinct grecian look to it.

Gisele in Vintage McQueen. (Photo Source: Mariamich.tumblr.com)
I ADORE ADORE this dress. It is sooo beautiful and simple and looks so amazing on her. Love love love! She is a so stunning too. Wonderful job! It is showing off the colour trend of the spring / summer season.


Stella McCartney Dress (Photo Source: Upscale Hype.com)
Gwyneth's dress is very nice showing off a lot of leg and back (not shown in the pic above). It suits her and rocks the 70s trend. I like the neutral colour too with a little shine, but I have seen her in something like this before - I am thinking the white dress she wore to some awards show recently. I would like to see her in some colour... try a emerald green or bright blue babe!

Liv Tyler in Givenchy (Photo Source: The Fashion P.A.com)

 Usually this would totally not be something I would like but I really liked the feathery details in the bodice of the dress. It looks like feathers are cupping her breasts and it def works for her! I am not crazy about the colour but it looks very nice on her.
Diane Kruger  in Jason Wu. (Photo Source: Fashion Smashion Blog)

I thought this dress was all about Hollywood glam. It is just a beautiful, beautiful piece of work. I love the shine and sparkle of the long sleeved top. I love the belt cinching at her waist. I love the flowy skirt  and the slit adds just the right amount of sexy without being trashy. Just wonderful.

Ashley Greene in Donna Karan. (Photo Source: Lela Luxe Blog)

As I am sure you can tell, I like shiny things and this dress is shiny. It is probably my favourite dress of the bunch. I find it young, stylish and classic all at once. Her bodice fits perfectly: snug, accentuating without being trashy and super flattering. The sparkle design is just brilliant. The skirt of the dress flows out at the bottom creating a kind of bell that floats all around her. I just adore it. Wonderful job Miss Greene.

Lea Michele in Escada (Photo Source: Upscale Hype.com)

Lea Michele stepped out in this season's fav bright colour red. I find the shape of the bodice at the top intriguing. I am not sure it fits her quite right or it is a kind of modernist version of a strapless. Maybe it needs to be more fitted? Not sure... but the colour is lovely, the rest of the dress fits very nicely.

Beyonce in Emilio Pucci(Photo Source: Glamour.com)

Now while I love Emilio Pucci, this dress and Beyonce, I am not sure combining them equates a win (or to be Charlie Sheenesque Winning). I'm sorry you beautiful girlie B, but you could not do some very important things in this gown, like walk and breath, so as much as I love it, its not for you, my friend.


Eva Mendes in Stella McCartney(Photo Source: Star and Style.com)

Eva Mendes wore quite the 70s inspired number. I love the colour, love the one shoulder, love the long sleeves, love the pleats. I like the belt...on another dress. I feel like something else might have gone better.

So what do you kiddies think of these dresses? 

xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment