April 27, 2011

Oscar's Jersey

Good Morning my lovelies,

So you all must know by now how much I adore the Shore! They make me laugh with glee and fist pump the air like.... errr.... a jersey boy!

 
The Sitch, J-Wow, Snooks and Pauly. (Photo Source: The Hollywood Gossip.com).

Now imagine Jersey Shore set in late 19th century aristocratic England. Everyone has a stiff upper lip. Fancy velvetty clothes which cover them completely. Everyone has a posh, eloquent voice and you understand every word they are saying. Picture the following jems said in this manner:

"I want to spoon."
" I want to fork."

"I hooked up with him when I was 21. I am 23 now. That was years ago"

"Grenades are fat ugly girls and landmines are skinny ugly girls."

"That's why I don't eat lobster or anything like that. Its alive when you kill it."

"I'm not touching one dish because I cooked a crazy meal and she has the nerve to tell me to clean my plate. You know what? You are excluded from dinner then. From now on,  you are excluded from surf and turf night, you are excluded from ravioli night and you are excluded from chicken cutlet night."

"No, no, no, no. We coordinated the feast while you got your nail and hair did today."

"Stumpy Bastard."

If you are wondering what that might sound like, you can find out here. EW posted a series of videos made by actors (Santino Fontana and David Furr) in a current production of Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Ernest.  They use the brilliance of Oscar Wilde and attach it to the atrocities of the Shore. This is so ridiculously brilliant. It really is.

What I find so great about it is that Wilde wrote comedies like Ernest which made fun (oh so eloquently) of the upper crust english culture he lived in. And Jersey explores a culture (I use this term loosely) - really we should say subculture obvs not all people from Jersey Shore are like this - and America  does much the same as Oscar did - make fun of their quirks. I wonder what he would say about the Shore...

Oscar Wilde (Photo Source: All Famous Quotes.com)

God, can you imagine more Jersey related Oscar Wilde fare: The Importance of Being Guido or Snooki Gray: One girl's quest for a gorilla juice head and eternal youth.... That would be tots epic. ACTUALLY that is what the shore is about really.

What do you guys think of these videos?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment