April 01, 2011

Top Ten: Guilty Pleasure TV Shows

Hello all,

As you all know, I love my guilty pleasures. For me, a guilty pleasure is something I am quite frankly never afraid to tell anyone. I will readily admit to watching, reading, loving it. A guilty pleasure is something I cannot no be part of . While I love my guilty reading pleasures, I also love TV and so for this week's Top Ten List, I am going to combine the two. 

The following are my top ten favourite guilty pleasure TV shows in no particular order:

The Pretty Liars!
1. Pretty Little Liars: This show follows the lives of four friends a year after their best friend has gone missing. Full of twists, intrigue, romance (forbidden and illicit), this show really has it all  (including the stereotypes of any teen soap): a jock teen dealing with her sexuality, the newly gorgeous chubby girl, the overachiever, and the artsy, brainy beauty having an illicit affair with her not much older English teacher. At the center is the mystery "A" who plays with the minds and lives of these four girls. Who is A? What does he / she want? How and why did their friend go missing? Was she murdered? Is this all a hoax? I just love this trashy, fun addictive show.

Billie Piper as Belle / Hannah
2. Secret Diary of a Call Girl : Now this show is quite the jem. It has really taught me a lot and I find it endlessly fascinating. Based on the life of a true London Call Girl, Belle is a call girl: call her what you want - whore, slut, prostitute, it's all the same to her. She was not abused by some relative, nothing bad happened to her to make her decide to become a prostitute, she just likes sex and likes making money having it.  This show looks at her adventures navigating through her job and making it work with her social life and family life. It is funny, tragic and wonderful. Belle is so great and I enjoy watching her antics.  What I like most is the fact that the show both takes sex seriously while still letting the humour of it all shine.


Who's pregs on the show?
3. Secret Life of the American Teenager: Now this one I am ALMOST embarassed about. Now why would a 24-year-old want to watch the antics of a pregnant 15 year old, you ask. Mostly because the drama is ridiculous. I spend most the hour asking myself why her parents didn't ever talk to her about sex and / or wondering how this is possibly made by the same producer as 7th Heaven was and / or drooling over Ricky. The show is not amazing or great. Its just something I honestly love to watch!


The Shore Peeps
4. Jersey Shore: I have definitely discussed this obsession before. I love it. It has literally become a phenomenon, a life onto its own for so many people. Recently, I was in the bathroom of a local bar where my friend (equally as obsessed with this little piece of perfection as I) and myself were partaking in the facilities after a few tasty beverages. We laughingly and while stumbling went into the washroom and began declaring our favourtie phrases from the show, when all of a sudden, to our utter delight, we heard the ringing of voices joining in on our fun. "Its teeeshirt time!", "Cabs are here!" and our favourite "Ronnie and Sammi are fighting again!" It was utterly wonderful! I cannot miss a single moment of this show. And when I heard the gang are heading to one of my fav places on earth - Italy... I DIED!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited I absolutely can't wait to see Snooks and Deena aka Alta-Snooks trying to pick up guys and my beloved Vin-Vin and Pauly checking out all the chicks on the nude beaches. I CANNOT WAIT!!!
Hawt

5. Nikita: When I tried out this show, I did not expect to like it at all. I expected it to be kinda lame and not something I would like much at all. I was wrong. I actually really like it. Nikita has great chemistry with everyone on screen from Alex to Michael to even the bad guy she hates. She is smart, sexy and kick ass. I actually really like watching her. Shane West plays Michael and while watching it reminded me why I thought he was so cute in A Walk to Remember in H.S. He has a great sexy voice. I can't wait to see more from this show. See where Nikita and Michael's history and future take them in coming episodes and into a second season.


The Beautiful People
6. Gossip Girl: This show again brings my slight addiction to teen melodrama front and centre. Now, if you know me at all, or notice the way I talk and write in a non-formal setting, I use A LOT of abbrevs and slangs and things when I talk. This show shows me I am not alone in doing this. I also love this show for all the hawt men, sexy chemistry between Blair and whoever she is around, and all the gorge fashions. I also find the show very funny. It is just such a fantasy I do not live anywhere close to, it is such fun to watch.  You know I love you GG, xoxo, J.

Damon, Damon, Damon

7. Vampire Diaries: My favourite on my list. I put this here only because I find this show to be a slight addiction. I would even consider putting this in my favourite shows that I watch at the moment. BUT I will put it here and possibly on that list. This show is amazing. It has totally expanded from just being a high school drama about two vampire brothers in love with the same girl. I mean it is about that, but it is well beyond the high school experience. (They hardly seem to even go to school anymore haha) It moves a mile a minute with twists and turns you totally don't expect in EACH and EVERY episode (no filler episodes for you VD!). It has hawt hawt guys and girls - I am def looking at you Ian Somerhalder you gorgeous thing you!! - and characters who progress and regress and it surprises you again and again. LOVES IT! Catch VD, kiddies!


The Design Inc. Team
8. Any home decorting or home buying program: I love, love, love these kinds of shows. I get millions of ideas about how I wanna decorate something or what it takes to buy a house etc from these shows. I love basically most of what is on HGTV and it is my go-to station along with MuchMusic when I have nothing to watch. I like to think of myself as a amateur interior decorator so watching these shows gives me a lot to aspire to. I especially love Design Inc. and any other Sarah Richardson show. She is my design goddess. I love, love, love her!!!!



The "Real" Beautiful People

9. The Hills (deceased): I did not miss a single episode of this "real life" drama during its first two seasons. I loved to see who hated who, who was dating who and what ridic thing Spencer would do next!  And let me tell you, I LOVED to hate that dude. He is a crazy person. I feel like it went a bit downhill after the first few seasons but in its hey day I was addicted!


Self-Explanatory

10. Glee: Music, Humor, Teen Drama... this show has everything I need to be an addiction for me!  Also, anything that combines that with musical numbers and dancing is great in my books! I think that Brittany kills it both while dancing and speaking. Sue is the greatest ever and she makes me laugh so hard. I love that it is both very funny in a kind of dry, sarcastic way but can still make me cry.




So tell me kiddies: Does your heart race when you catch the ridiculously gorge Salvatore Brothers on one of their missions to save the lovely Elena? Do you laugh aloud at the hilarity which is the Jersey Shore antics? Are you obsessed with the latest way that the Gossip Girl costume department will push Serena's breasts to new heights this week? What are your guilty pleasure TV shows?

xxx

----
Images:

1. Pretty Little Liars: http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13100000/Pretty-Little-Liars-pretty- ittle-liars-tv-show-13103259-1280-1024.jpg
2. Secret Diary of a Call Girl: http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/2400000/ Hannah-the-secret-diary-of-a-call-girl-2480728-640-640.jpg
3. Secret Life of the American Teenager: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MJfbt3oKHkk/S_rgtRYbSrI/AAA AAAAAAGY-vFfRXxDVAc/s1600/secret+life.jpg
4. Jersey Shore Promo Pic: http://www.hurisik.com/wp-content/uploads/ 2011/01/ Jersey-Shore-Season-3.jpg
5. Nikita: http://img.poptower.com/pic-32110/nikita-cw-2010-tv-show.jpg?d=600
6. Gossip Girl: http://decoder.drugfree.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gossip_girl400.jpg
7. Vampire Diaries: http://tvrecappersanonymous.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/vampire-diaries -damon-shirt-off.jpg
8. Design Inc: http://www.designinc.ca/images/ts/1.jpg
9. The Hills: http://www.mtv.com/onair/the_hills/season_5/photos/groups/full_cast/the_hills_cast_whitebg.jpg
10. Glee: http://www.webtvwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/glee.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment