March 03, 2011

Born This Way - Lady Gaga


Now you will learn very quickly that I like the strange, unusual and anything glam rock. So obviously I adore Gaga.  She is so not afraid to let her freak flag fly and I dig it. Whether it is a glammed up prison setting or offing her gorgeous boyfriend, I always feel like her videos are epic.

This video has sparkly unicorns, dramatic voice over and weird birthing fluid I really don't want to think too long about or look at too closely. I do know one thing about this video though, I love it and want to hear your thoughts.


I find the birthing scene odd (although in line with her current image - think Gaga's egg at the Grammys) and the strange bones on her face unsettling... her hair at one point does look like my hair before I tame the blonde mass, yet, she is killing it with her dancing, her outfits are fierce, the song is catchy, and different from her other records. Basically, she rocks.

I also really like her message in the song. The message in the song is an important one about tolerance and inclusion regardless of who you are. More artists should create rock-pop anthems with messages like this one. It would definitely appeal to a wider audience.


What are your thoughts?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment