March 08, 2011

Welcome to the Jungle

I put this set together to show off the recent trend in animal prints. I have always loved animal prints, but like everything, only in moderation (haha). Let's be honest, that is a ridiculous statement coming from me (anyhoo...)

Now kiddies, you cannot pair animal prints with other animal prints. Pick one. V. important. Wear the dress with solid coloured shoes and accessories. Or with solid coloured clothing, choose the printed bag or shoes or scarf. I could go for printed shoes and bag, but only on very special occasions (aka when they work based on the style of print and the item). When I say solid colour, I do not necessarily mean black or white or beige. I love the idea of bright colours like red, blue, yellow and mixing them up. I just mean SOLID.

I especially like the unexpected colours that animal prints have been showing up (see the blue and red dresses and the scarf in this set). I recently bought a pink and black leopard print top from Zellers (12$ baby!!) and I love it. It is comfy, stylish and cute while being a bit different cause it is pink rather than white or beige.

In this set, I really love the belted top (Dorthy Perkins Shell Top) and razor back tank (Animal Print Top From Tilly). They could both be worn with skinny jeans or jeggings (love jeggings!!) or leggings or white cigar pants or even the razor back tank could be worn with short shorts in the summer for going out. The boots are also fierce. I see them paired with a skirt or a pair of leggings / jeggings and swooped neck shirt.

What do you think of animal prints? Too much or just enough?

xxx
Tibi cap sleeve dress
$368 - tibi.com

Dresses animal print party dress
$278 - edressme.com

Dresses wrap around dress
$80 - macys.com

Single shoulder dress
60 GBP - warehouse.co.uk

Dorothy Perkins shell top
22 GBP - dorothyperkins.com

Animal print top
$15 - tillys.com

Snake print legging
$29 - spiegel.com

ASOS leather platform boot
$57 - asos.com

Stella McCartney bowling bag
$985 - bergdorfgoodman.com

Animal print jewelry
$37 - fantasyjewelrybox.com

Diane von Furstenberg animal print scarve
115 GBP - net-a-porter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment