March 25, 2011

Spring Accessories: My New Obsession

Last week, I went shopping with some of my lovely ladies. I spent a good amount of time looking at accessories and jewelery - which is one of my absolute favourite things. I put together this little set below to highlight the different trends I noticed while shopping. There seems to be a contrast in trends this season. I saw lots of earthy, light, neutral tones (natural feathers, gold, pearls) and then lots of very bright colourful pieces as well (peacock feathers, bright beads).


I think I am definitely a more bright and colourful person when it comes to my clothing - neutrals make me look washed out - except of course the always flattering go-to black which I will always have the most enduring and passionate love affair. When it comes to jewelery, however, I am usually drawn to the shiny and earthy with light splashes of colour.
My favourite from this series has got to be the Alexander McQueen skull necklace. I love this kind of pendant and I have always had a huge love of skulls. I also adore all the feathers. Simply gorgeous.

What do you like from this seasons trends?

Spring Accessories

Lanvin chain necklace
$1,075 - net-a-porter.com

Feather earring
$875 - barneys.com

Choker necklace
$750 - kirnazabete.com

Alexander McQueen skull necklace
$495 - net-a-porter.com

Beaded necklace
$413 - robindira.com

Avanessi rose gold ring
$298 - maxandchloe.com

Rachel Roy skull ring
$48 - rachelroy.com

Linda Macdonald sterling silver earring
35 GBP - johnlewis.com

TopShop stud earring
$20 - topshop.com

Miss Selfridge peacock feather earring
13 GBP - missselfridge.com

Gold pendant
$7.95 - zumiez.com






The next day, I picked up some things from each of the two categories: I got a set of three different colours of plastic crystal earrings ($8 from Aldo Accessories) and a beautiful gold peacock pendant necklace with jewel coloured stones in the tail ($15 from Aldo Accessories). I have become obsessed by this necklace. I want to wear it at all times. It hangs low and it looks good with every solid colour I own. I wore it four out of five days this week. I probably need to put it aside for a bit. I will try.

Here it is: Isn`t it beautiful?

Peacock Pendant Necklace - $15 from Aldo Accessories


Peacock obsessed signing off,

xxx

P.S. my obsession with peacocks is slightly dirty sounding, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment